Growing herbs indoors isn't always as easy as it sounds, but if you follow a couple easy rules it will be seem easier, you'll have happier plants and give you much more success
- Sunny windowsill is a must! A south or southeast window is perfect.
- Plant in soilless potting mix. This helps avoid soil burn, diseases and assures good drainage.
- Water thoroughly after planting, yet sparingly throughout fall and winter as herbs don't like to sit water.
- Feed once a month with a fertilizer suitable for edibles.
- After the plants acclimate for a while and new growth starts to appear, you can begin using them.
- Snip herbs often so they grow bushy and full. Never trim more than 1/3 of the foliage.